- Experience : Intermediate
- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
We’re offering a position for a VFX Artist. The person will first work on a PC/Console survival game developed with Unreal, and will later participate in the development of other games as well as interactive projects.
Located in the heart of the Mile-End, iLLOGIKA is an independent studio of 60 people. It is the ideal environment for those looking for a friendly team, the ability to work on a variety of projects and tools, flexible schedules and the opportunity to take part in the development of a growing studio.
- Create 2D and 3D effects for our games and interactive projects using particle systems, animated textures, mesh effects, and more;
- Create effects for some UI elements;
- Test and propose the most appropriate technical solutions for the projects;
- Check the quality of the final rendering of the assets produced;
- Work closely with programmers and our technical artists to build and improve the tools that will be used by programmers for visual effects;
- Offer solutions in collaboration with the rest of the team and the needs of the client;
- Estimate the work to be done;
- Participate actively in artistic review sessions;
- Participate in meetings with the development team and the client.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- Great knowledge of 3DSMax, Maya, Photoshop, After Effect and Houdini;
- Great knowledge of Unreal;
- Demonstrated ability to create VFX in Unreal;
- Knowledge of Unity is a plus, or willingness to learn how to use the engine;
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience as a VFX Artist;
- Great relationship skills, organisation and autonomy;
- Fluent French and English.