- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our team is looking for a Lead Programmer. The person will supervise the work of his/her team, offer technical solutions for the project and improve our development practices. The lead programmer will also participate in the project development.
- Take part in the development of the on-going projects;
- Offer technical solutions in accordance with the projects and expected results;
- Propose improvements to our practices and pipeline if necessary;
- Estimate the work to be done and take part in pitches;
- Participate in customer meetings;
- Provide technical support on the most complex projects.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION (≃50%)
- Mentor and train the team to new practices and tools;
- Distribute tasks effectively among your team;
- Perform code review and ensure code quality matches project standards;
- Provide technical feedback to the team;
- Give regular reports, updates and project status to the Producer and Technical Director.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- At least 8 years of professional development experience and prior experience as Lead;
- Have participated in at least two complete cycles of development (until the delivery of the project);
- Excellent video game culture;
- Excellent knowledge of Unity and/or Unreal;
- Experience on a console development is a plus;
- Excellent communicator and good team spirit;
- Ability to communicate with clients and business partners;
- Proficiency in French and English, oral and written.