- Experience : Intermediate
- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
We are looking for a Technical artist who will work primarily on our Interactive projects. The Technical Artist will work closely with the Technical Director and the developers to offer and create tools and processes adapted to our projects.
- Work with the technical and artistic constraints to create tools and processes for the art team in order to optimize production;
- Implement new pipelines and validation procedures and write the documentation associated with them;
- Offer technical solutions to optimize project’s performance, while respecting the art and creative directions;
- Assist the rest of the team in the use of the tools and processes created for the project;
- Assess the amount of work to be completed;
- Actively participate in the artistic reviews;
- Take part in clients and dev meetings.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- At least five (5) years of professional experience in the gaming or interactive industry and substantial professional experience as a Technical Artist;
- Have participated in at least one complete cycle of development (up to the delivery of the project);
- Great technical skills in performance and optimization;
- Great knowledge of Unreal, its versions and limitations;
- Knowledge of Unity is a plus;
- Great knowledge of 3DS Max, Zbrush, Photoshop and knowledge of PBR approaches;
- Demonstrated ability to create VFX in Unity;
- Experience in lighting is a plus;
- Scripting skills;
- Knowledge of Houdini and Substance Designer / Painter is a plus;
- Great interpersonal skills, organisation, autonomy;
- Fluent French and English (spoken and written).