- Experience : Intermediate/Senior
- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
iLLOGIKA is looking for a level designer to help us create exciting new gameplay experiences for our next PC / Console game. Based on a successful movie franchise the game is planned to be released in late 2021 / early 2022.
You will use your skills and knowledge of game design to introduce a new gameplay mechanic in an exciting way, seamlessly integrated in a sensational sequence. We are looking for a designer who loves to collaborate and iterate with peers from all disciplines, and who’s excited to create a tense, and immersive narrative experience without ever relying on cutscenes.
- Create levels that support the objectives of the game, its pace and its atmosphere;
- Design the levels in collaboration with the environment artists;
- Follow the technical and creative directions of the game;
- Collaborate with the creative director, other designers and artists to set up an effective pipeline;
- Prototype levels and test game mechanics;
- Balance and adjust levels iteratively;
- Integrate missions and levels in Unreal 4;
- Assess the quality of the design elements and ensure that the desired gaming experience is reached;
- Write the documentation related to design.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in level design and at least one PC or console game delivered;
- Good knowledge of Unreal 4 and blueprints;
- Good knowledge in level architecture and 3D environments;
- Strong interest in narrative design and the creation of game atmospheres;
- Knowledge of scripting is a plus;
- Ability to iterate, and to receive and offer feedback;
- Strong 3D greyboxing skills;
- Productive collaboration within a multidisciplinary team including artists and programmers;
- Passionate player with good knowledge of the industry;
- Bilingual French / English.