- Experience : Senior
- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our team is looking for a 2D lead artist. The person will manage a small team of artists in collaboration with the Artistic Director, will offer visual and conceptual solutions, and will also take part in the production of assets.
Located in the heart of the Mile-End, iLLOGIKA is an independent studio of 60 people. It is the ideal environment for those looking for a friendly team, the ability to work on a variety of projects and tools, flexible schedules and the opportunity to take part in the development of a growing studio.
- Inspire and motivate a team of creative talents;
- Work closely with the Art Director;
- Ensure that assets respect the artistic direction of the game and meet quality standards;
- Maintain effective informational flow to ensure that team members are aligned with the objectives of the project;
- Lead and direct the efforts of the 2D art team;
- Offer creative and technical feedback to the 2D team;
- Conceptualize characters, environments and props;
- Participate in pitches and estimates;
- Take part in client meetings if needed.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holiday banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- Has shipped at least two games as lead artist;
- Have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play;
- Great skills in anatomy, composition and colors;
- Great knowledge of Photoshop;
- Knowledge in 2D animation is a plus;
- Recent portfolio showing several work (characters, props and environments) in various styles;
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude;
- Problem solving attitude;
- French & English, written and spoken.