- Experience : Intermediate/Senior
- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our team is looking for a Lead 3D Artist who will participate in the art workflow and vision of the studio. Working with the Art Director, the person will manage a multidisciplinary team of artists, will offer technical and conceptual solutions, and will also take part in the production of assets.
Art Management (≅50%)
- Work closely with the Art Director;
- Validate assets and make sure they meet the artistic vision of the game and our quality standards;
- Ensure that the art portions of the projects are delivered on time;
- Maintain effective informational flow to the team to ensure that team members are aligned with the objectives of the project;
- Inspire and motivate a team of creative talents;
- Take part in the interview and hiring process;
- Coach junior artists. Give technical and creative feedback;
- Conduct performance reviews of artists with the Art Director;
- Participate in pitches and help with estimations.
3D production (≅50%)
- For different projects, assess technical challenges related to art and the 3D pipeline, offer solutions and mitigate risks throughout the development;
- Help install an efficient workflow;
- Produce 3D assets/environments/props.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- Has shipped at least two games and has a significant experience as a lead artist;
- Has a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D softwares (3DS Max, Zbrush, Maya, etc.);
- Good knowledge of the Unity and/or Unreal game engine;
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude;
- Pro-active & problem solving attitude;
- Ability to adapt to a variety of projects;
- French & English, written and spoken.