- Experience : Senior
- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Working closely with the Creative Director, the Senior Game Designer will bring his technical and creative expertise to the table to develop new ideas (50%) and will act as a Senior Game Designer on the on-going projects (50%).
- Work in close collaboration with the Creative Director and the producers to define the priorities and key challenges of the projects;
- Create concepts, universes and game systems for our clients' projects and the current pitches.
- Keep the Creative Director informed of the progress of the pitches, prepare pitch decks and the necessary documentation;
- Present different concepts and justify them to clients by making sure our vision is clearly communicated.
Design for projects under development (50%)
- Identify, design and prototype game mechanics and their levels;
- Make rapid iterations, improve and adjust the concepts and their designs;
- Collaborate with other designers. Offer feedback to junior designers and validate their work.
- If needed, conduct playtest sessions;
- Maintain the necessary design documentation, communicate complex concepts clearly;
- Collaborate with developers and artists to ensure that the technical, visual and audio elements align with the design of the projects.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a game designer;
- Has delivered a minimum of 2 mobile games;
- Experience with a PC/Console game is a plus;
- Knowledge of Unity and/or Unreal;
- Experience in rapid prototyping;
- Great communication skills;
- Experience in pitching a project;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Understanding of agile management methods;
- Excellent video game culture and good knowledge of industry trends;
- French & English, written and spoken.