- Experience : Senior
- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
We are looking for a senior game designer who will join the team working on our next IP, an exciting PC / Console game for a well-known movie license. He or she will also assist the Creative Director in the preparation of pitches and in the monitoring of some of our projects.
For our IP (50%):
- Understand the challenges and objectives of the project;
- Identify, design and prototype game mechanics and their levels;
- Make rapid iterations, improve and adjust the concepts and their designs;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and collaborate with the other game / level designers of the project;
- Participate in the development and conduct of playtest sessions;
- When necessary, communicate with our external partners on the progress of the project and offer them design solutions.
- Maintain the necessary design documentation, communicate complex concepts clearly;
For pitches and other projects (50%):
- Work in close collaboration with the Creative Director and the producers to define the priorities and key challenges of the projects;
- Create concepts, universes and game systems for our clients' projects and the current pitches. Keep the Creative Director informed of the progress of the pitches and prepare the necessary documentation;
- Present different concepts, "defend" and justify them to clients by making sure our vision is clearly communicated;
- Collaborate with developers and artists to ensure that the technical, visual and audio elements align with the design of the project.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a game designer;
- Has delivered a minimum of 2 PC / Console games;
- An interest in immersive storytelling is a plus;
- Ability to use Unreal;
- Experience in rapid prototyping;
- Great communication skills;
- Experience in pitching a project;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Understanding of agile management methods;
- Excellent video game culture and good knowledge of industry trends;
- French & English, written and spoken.