- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
We are looking for a Lead 3D Environment Artist to join our team on the production of our next PC/Console game. This exciting project, based on a successful movie franchise, offers an immersive experience to players.
The Lead Artist will manage a small team of Level artists and 3D Artists, will offer technical and conceptual solutions, and will also take part in the production of assets and environments.
- Understand the art direction of the project and its technical challenges, make sure they are respected throughout the development;
- Offer solutions to improve the pipeline between the Level Art and the Level Design teams;
- Work closely with the Creative Director and the Level Design team;
- Ensure that assets respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards;
- Produce 3D assets, level art and environments for the project;
- Maintain effective informational flow to the team to ensure that team members are aligned with the objectives of the project;
- Offer creative and technical feedback to the team;
- Inspire and motivate a team of creative talents.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- Has shipped at least two (2) games as lead artist and one experience on a realistic game;
- Have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D softwares (3DS Max, Zbrush, Maya, etc.);
- Good knowledge of Photoshop or other equivalent packages;
- Good knowledge of the Unreal game engine is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude;
- Problem solving attitude;
- French & English, written and spoken.