- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
With its experience in game development, three years ago iLLOGIKA has founded a department dedicated to the development of immersive experiences, allowing users to connect to unique moments, through augmented, virtual or mixed reality applications, interactive booths or immersive installations.
Our team is now looking for a designer, passionate about new technologies and user experience. The Designer who will join the team will be able to use his/her knowledge in game design to create unique engaging moments, and to innovate around the new technologies that we use daily in the development of our projects.
- Work in close collaboration with the Creative Director and the producers to define the priorities and key challenges of the projects;
- Create concepts, interactive systems, game systems and levels for our immersive projects;
- Participate in the redaction and conception of pitches (‘pitch decks’), and participate in sales pitch for our clients;
- Present different immersive concepts, adapted to the objectives of the projects, and justify them to clients by making sure our vision is clearly communicated;
- Make rapid iterations, improve and adjust the concepts and their designs. On some projects, improve the existing designs;
- Collaborate with developers and artists to ensure that the technical, visual and audio elements align with the design of the projects;
- Maintain the necessary design documentation, communicate complex concepts clearly;
- Participate in estimates.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a game designer or a designer of immersive experiences;
- Knowledge of Unreal is a plus;
- Great communication skills;
- Experience in pitching a project;
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
- Good knowledge of the agile methodology;
- Passion for interactive experiences (AR, VR, immersive, etc.);
- Great knowledge of the gaming industry, immersive industry and latest technologies.