Our team is looking for a Senior 3D Artist to participate in the artistic processes and vision of the studio. Collaborating directly with the Artistic Director, the person will be required to manage a multidisciplinary team of artists, to propose technical and conceptual solutions, and also to take part in the production of assets. .
Art Management (≅50%)
- Work closely with the Art Director;
- Validate assets and make sure they meet the artistic vision of the game and our quality standards;
- Ensure that the art portions of the projects are delivered on time;
- Maintain effective informational flow to the team to ensure that team members are aligned with the objectives of the project;
- Inspire and motivate a team of creative talents;
- Take part in the interview and hiring process;
- Coach junior artists. Give technical and creative feedback;
- Conduct performance reviews of artists with the Art Director;
- Participate in pitches and help with estimations.
3D production (≅50%)
- For different projects, assess technical challenges related to art and the 3D pipeline, offer solutions and mitigate risks throughout the development;
- Help install an efficient workflow;
- Produce 3D assets/environments/props.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- Has shipped at least two games and has a significant experience as a lead artist;
- Has a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D softwares (3DS Max, Zbrush, Maya, etc.);
- Good knowledge of the Unity and/or Unreal game engine;
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude;
- Pro-active & problem solving attitude;
- Ability to adapt to a variety of projects;
- French & English, written and spoken.