We are looking for a Lead 3D Artist to lead the efforts on the production of our next PC/Console game. This exciting project, based on a successful movie franchise, offers an immersive experience to players.
The Lead Artist will manage a small team of Level artists and 3D Artists, will offer technical and conceptual solutions, and will also take part in the production of assets and environments.
- Understand the art direction of the project and its technical challenges, make sure they are respected throughout the development;
- Lead the efforts for the Level art. Offer solutions to improve the pipeline between the Level Art and the Level Design teams;
- Review all visual elements of the game (environments, props, characters, VFX, etc.) and ensure that they respect the artistic vision of the game and meet the quality standards;
- Produce 3D assets, level art and environments for the project;
- Maintain effective informational flow to the team to ensure that team members are aligned with the objectives of the project;
- Offer creative and technical feedback to the team;
- Inspire and motivate a team of creative talents.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- Has shipped at least two (2) games as lead artist and one experience on a realistic game;
- Have a passion for games and a good understanding of what makes a game visually appealing and fun to play;
- Excellent knowledge of 3D softwares (3DS Max, blender, Zbrush, Maya, etc.);
- Good knowledge of lighting, shading, baking;
- Ability to integrate assets in the game engine;
- Good knowledge of the Unreal game engine is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills and teamwork oriented attitude;
- Problem solving attitude;
- French & English, written and spoken.