Reporting to the technical director, the build master will be responsible for creating the framework and infrastructure that will be reused for many projects, set up a consistent and reliable process for source control and build systems. The person will work closely with the testers, developers, and producers throughout the development cycle.
- Set up and improve the infrastructure and processes related to build machine configuration and automation across multiple platforms;
- Install, configure and maintain builds;
- Monitor and analyze impact on performance and potential issues;
- Deploy and install our technical solution at client’s offices when needed;
- Work with programmers and the QA team to implement solutions;
- Develop and improve build scripts and deployment scripts.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holiday banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea, food and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- Four (4) to six (6) years of experience in game development with a significant experience as a Build Master;
- Experience with Jenkins (formerly Hudson);
- Great knowledge of programming languages (C #, C ++, etc.);
- Great knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Batch, Bash, etc.);
- Experience with source control systems (Git, Perforce);
- Good knowledge of Windows, Mac and Linux environments;
- Knowledge of Android / iOS development environments, an asset;
- Knowledge of PS4 / Xbox One development environments, an asset;
- Knowledge of Unity / Unreal development environments, an asset;
- Good knowledge of game production pipelines;
- Autonomous and proactive in proposing solutions;
- Fluency in English and French, oral and written.