Our team is looking for a UI / UX designer. The person who will join the team will have the opportunity to collaborate and bring their experience on multiple projects: video games and interactive projects. He or she will express their talent and expertise to offer players an ideal gaming experience with ergonomic and visually attractive interfaces.
Do you prefer to collaborate with peers to define the work that you pursue, rather than simply following a vision that's been set for you? If you're seeking an opportunity to steer product definition, functional exploration and design decision-making, consider joining us!
- Partner with the art directors to grasp the game’s visual identity, art direction, and brand guidelines.
- Follow design documentation to translate high-level gameplay ideas into functional UI designs.
- Work closely with UX designers to visually communicate the path they’ve laid out.
- Create interface assets (menus, animation, HUD, icons, buttons, world maps, etc.) + build wireframes and mockups.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Integrate your assets using our proprietary tools and engines, with the help of programmers.
- Develop and refine your work based on feedback from collaborative teams (debug and optimize).
- Document and share your UI design workflow and best practices.
- A caring work environment, a flexible schedule to support families and domestic partners, and a strict policy limiting overtime
- A culture eager to strengthen and improve through diversity in all its forms
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Annual allowance for the reimbursement of the cost of sports equipment and activities
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- A college diploma in Digital Media, Computation Arts, Graphic Design, or equivalent
- At least 3 years of experience in visual design or related experience
- Knowledge of design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects), Unity game engine, game limitations, and prototyping tools
- Understanding of usability principals & information architecture
- A highly creative, collaborative, and innovative spirit
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Motivation to reach out for feedback and adapt to it
- Fluent in french and english