Our team is looking for a Lead Programmer. The person will supervise the work of his/her team, offer technical solutions for the project and improve our development practices. The lead programmer will also participate in the project development.
- Take part in the development of the on-going projects;
- Offer technical solutions in accordance with the projects and expected results;
- Propose improvements to our practices and pipeline if necessary;
- Estimate the work to be done and take part in pitches;
- Participate in customer meetings;
- Provide technical support on the most complex projects.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISION (≃50%)
- Mentor and train the team to new practices and tools;
- Distribute tasks effectively among your team;
- Perform code review and ensure code quality matches project standards;
- Provide technical feedback to the team;
- Give regular reports, updates and project status to the Producer and Technical Director.
- A caring work environment, a flexible schedule to support families and domestic partners, and a strict policy limiting overtime
- A culture eager to strengthen and improve through diversity in all its forms
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Annual allowance for the reimbursement of sports equipment and activities
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- At least 8 years of professional development experience and prior experience as Lead;
- Have participated in at least two complete cycles of development (until the delivery of the project);
- Excellent video game culture;
- Excellent knowledge of Unity;
- Experience on a console development is a plus;
- Excellent communicator and good team spirit;
- Ability to communicate with clients and business partners;
- Proficiency in French and English, oral and written.