In charge of a small team of producers, the Production Director will provide expertise on all of the studio's projects to help the teams develop rich and innovative gaming experiences.
The person who will join iLLOGIKA will be responsible for monitoring projects, implementing production best practices, coaching and training production teams and participating in the overall development of the studio in collaboration with other departments.
The Production Director will also participate in the implementation of a "Teal" culture, based on autonomy and trust given to the teams.
- Tracking of all projects for the studio's gaming department;
- Provide occasional assistance to the immersive department;
- Monitor the budgets on the various projects. Participate in the development and validation of estimates by challenging the teams;
- Validate the feasibility of pitches and projects;
- Understand and define the business issues of the different projects;
- Provide production support for urgent project requests when necessary;
- Supervise co-development projects or projects with key partnerships;
- Supervise and coordinate the work of the producers and production coordinator, through coaching, regular meetings, continuous feedback, etc;
- Work to empower teams towards a Teal studio vision;
- Encourage proactive collaboration between the production team and the different departments (artistic/creative/technical direction) to develop high quality projects;
- Implement processes, work on methodologies and tools to ensure project quality and deliverables: post-mortems, risk assessment, knowledge sharing, strategic production meetings, etc;
- Propose and implement training activities for the production team and to support their development;
- Participate in the training plan for the entire team and report training needs to the management team;
- Occasionally, participate in client meetings (to discuss a budget, validate production processes, etc.);
- Participate in the maintenance of healthy and lasting customer relationships;
- Work with the management team on key projects (Business Development, HR, Tech, Art and Creative Direction);
- Participate in the studio's business strategy, in collaboration with the rest of the team;
- Participate in strategic projects related to the company's values (Bcorp, Teal, etc.);
- Decide on the assignment of projects if needed;
- Occasionally participate in job interviews and recruitment decisions;
- Continuously analyze our hiring needs within the development team.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holiday banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea, food and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- 10+ years of experience in video game production or production management;
- Have delivered several games, ideally on various platforms (PC, console, mobile);
- Demonstrated expertise of production and agile management methodologies;
- Great knowledge of the industry and the Montreal game scene;
- Passion for games and enthusiasm for developing and leading teams;
- Excellent leadership, pedagogical and communication skills;
- Experience in conducting client meetings and negotiation;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make proposals;
- Transversal knowledge of the management of a studio and its various departments;
- A technical background, knowledge of game design or 3D is a plus;
- English and French.