We are looking for a Lead Game Designer to join the team. You will be responsible for planning, detailing and supervising the work of the game designers. You will set standards for design documentation and tools for the project, ensure team performance, and resolve and manage situations that hinder game design production goals. You will also actively participate in the creation and development of game design teams by supporting the creative director.
- Work in close collaboration with the Creative Director and the producers to define the priorities and key issues of the projects;
- Understand consumer needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment;
- Evaluate workload against production capacity, plan work and set priorities for the game design team;
- Distribute tasks and monitor the progress of the team on game design deliverables;
- Able to lead and follow prototyping (both digital and paper) with other game designers and programmers
- Communicate the objectives, strategies and general information of the project to all team members in order to give visibility to the progress of the development of the game and other professions;
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations;
- Oversee and be responsible for providing clear and structured project documents to ensure game intentions are understood and team members are working on the right elements (ingredients, game system, game modes, game specs, behavior, etc.);
- Attend playtests and be oriented towards a solution to the problem encountered;
- Perform performance monitoring and evaluations;
- Participate in the selection of team members;
- With the associate producer, determine the schedules and vacation periods of the team members;
- Manage conflicts that arise within the team;
- Support career advancement and suggest training sessions and development techniques and interpersonal skills to team members;
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holiday banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea, food and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a game and / or level designer;
- Delivered at least 2 mobile and / or PC / Console games;
- Ability to use Unreal and Unity;
- Experience in rapid prototyping;
- Very good communication skills;
- Experience in team management;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Understanding of agile management methods;
- Excellent video game culture and good knowledge of industry trends;
- Bilingual French / English.