We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to join the team for our next IP, an exciting game for PC/Console based on the
A QUIET PLACE movie franchise, a new horror adventure video game, single-player, based on the Paramount Pictures film franchise. This first official video game set in the terrifying universe of A Quiet Place will offer a story and game mechanics that will reflect the suspense, emotion and drama for which the saga is famous.
For our IP (50%):
- Understand the challenges and objectives of the project;
- Identify, design and prototype game mechanics and their levels;
- Make rapid iterations, improve and adjust the concepts and their designs;
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and collaborate with the other game / level designers of the project;
- Participate in the development and conduct of playtest sessions;
- When necessary, communicate with our external partners on the progress of the project and offer them design solutions.
- Maintain the necessary design documentation, communicate complex concepts clearly;
For pitches and other projects (50%):
- Work in close collaboration with the Creative Director and the producers to define the priorities and key challenges of the projects;
- Create concepts, universes and game systems for our clients' projects and the current pitches. Keep the Creative Director informed of the progress of the pitches and prepare the necessary documentation;
- Present different concepts, "defend" and justify them to clients by making sure our vision is clearly communicated;
- Collaborate with developers and artists to ensure that the technical, visual and audio elements align with the design of the project.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holiday banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea, food and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a game designer;
- Has delivered a minimum of 2 PC / Console games;
- An interest in immersive storytelling is a plus;
- Ability to use Unreal;
- Experience in rapid prototyping;
- Great communication skills;
- Experience in pitching a project;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Understanding of agile management methods;
- Excellent video game culture and good knowledge of industry trends;
- French & English, written and spoken.