Our team is looking for a Creative Director. The candidate will supervise a team of Game/Level designers and their projects, and handle pitches for our clients. The person who will join the team will work for both our departments, GAME (PC, consoles, mobiles) and the DIGITAL department for which we develop interactive projects (AR, VR, interactive exhibitions, etc.).
iLLOGIKA is looking for a Creative Director. You will join the team in our upcoming IP inspired by the A QUIET PLACE film franchise, a new single-player horror adventure video game inspired by the Paramount Pictures film franchise. This first official video game set in the terrifying universe of A Quiet Place will offer a story and game mechanics that will reflect the suspense, emotion and drama for which the saga is famous. an exciting game for PC / Console.
- Provide creative direction for the project A QUIET PLACE;
- Align the team with the vision and the creative direction;
- Offer creative, innovative and original concepts;
- Design the game universe and gaming systems;
- Present concepts and different designs to clients, support and justify these designs;
- Take charge of pitches;
- Participate in client meetings, during pitching or regular production meetings;
- Work in partnership with clients and meet their goals;
- Understand and define the business issues of the project;
- Ensure that the quality objectives of the game are met;
- Ensure products meet the right target market;
- Monitor and approve the work of the design team;
- Provide accurate and constructive feedback to the rest of the team;
- Participate in recruiting new talent;
- Maintain close collaboration with producers;
- Help with planning and budgeting the design portion of projects.
- A caring work environment, a flexible schedule to support families and domestic partners, and a strict policy limiting overtime
- A culture eager to strengthen and improve through diversity in all its forms
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Annual allowance for the reimbursement of the cost of sports equipment and activities
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- At least 8 years of experience in the video game industry in Game Design, including 2 years in a creative leadership position;
- The candidate will have to present a portfolio showing several game concepts and pitch decks;
- Delivered at least 2 complete games (PC, console or mobile);
- Excellent leadership;
- Great communication skills;
- Experience in pitching a project;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- Understanding of agile management methods;
- Good knowledge of monetization strategies;
- Excellent video game culture and good knowledge of industry trends;
- Know how to encourage your team to give the best of itself;
- French & English, written and spoken.