As a development tester, you play a very important role in production of the game; you are the first gatekeeper of the quality. You work within the production team on the A QUIET PLACE project and test under development versions and features. You must ensure that the features developed are robust and meet the design requirements. You are also responsible for the stability of the code base and versions.
- Collaborate with the production team to understand the overall game vision & design documentation.
- Develop and update test plans based on game features and design documents as drawn up by the development team, to pinpoint the bugs and methodically verify all the aspects of the game pertaining to his/her work cell.
- Use the development team’s tools to identify bugs, as features are implemented in the game. Isolate and reproduce the bugs to assess gravity and probability based on standards, and suggest solutions;
- Detail the bugs using the Jira database, and follow-up with other members of the development teams to facilitate their resolution;
- Validate high risk changes before they are integrated into the main version to ensure stability and basic functionality;
- Follow up on correction of functionality bugs in real time with the development team;
- Stay up to date on testing best practices, strategies, and techniques to keep up with the industry + develop your skills and refresh your knowledge.
- Closely coordinate with different QC teams (functionality, compliance, special tests).
- Send regular reports to the project management team and highlight any potential risks in advance.
- Manage and handle Builds review meetings, Playtests etc. for the project.
- Determine test needs with development teams. Work closely with the leads for defining the Build Release procedures for Milestone plans, Project Test plans, etc. and ensuring their execution.
- A caring work environment, a flexible schedule to support families and domestic partners, and a strict policy limiting overtime
- A culture eager to strengthen and improve through diversity in all its forms
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Annual allowance for the reimbursement of the cost of sports equipment and activities
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- At least 5+ years of experience in the gaming industry with quality control or quality assurance.
- Knowledge of bug tracking software (e.g. Bugbase), test creation software (e.g. TestRail), and Unreal game engine & his limitations
- Solid understanding of test principles & methodologies and basic programming
- A strong understanding of development processes and the different needs of a team throughout a development cycle.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational, communication, mentorship, and interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Knowledge of gaming platforms (Xbox serie X/S, PS5, PC, etc)
- Knowledge of version control software like P4V, GitHub etc.