- Experience : Senior
- Job Type : Permanent, Full Time
Our team is looking for a Business Development Manager for our Video Game branch. The person who will join us will use his/her relational skills and network to contribute to the development of a studio with a growing reputation.
Located in the heart of the Mile-End, iLLOGIKA is an independent studio of more than 60 people. It is the ideal environment for those looking for a friendly team, the ability to work on a variety of projects and tools, flexible schedules and the opportunity to take part in the development of a growing studio. We have contributed to several projects that have won major industry awards such as Lara Croft Go and Cuphead and wish to continue to collaborate with the best people and companies in the gaming industry.
Base salary according to experience, with commissions on projects based on their monetary and strategic values brought to the studio.
- Develop new business opportunities, primarily in the United States, Canada and Europe in the video game industry;
- Maintain business relationships with our existing clients and build new ones;
- Travel regularly to North America and Europe (10 to 15 trips per year), to participate in game events and to visit clients;
- Represent the studio at conferences, networking, gaming events and trade shows;
- Take part in pitching with the production team, and the creative, artistic and technical directors;
- Be responsible for the projects follow-up until the signature of contracts and the launch in production, then carry out a regular follow-up to ensure the satisfaction of the clients and partners;
- Understand the business issues of the studio and participate in the development of its strategic vision;
- Understand our technological and creative issues;
- Maintain close collaboration with the CEO and the management team.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea, food and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Experience for the position
- At least 10 years of experience in the gaming industry, including 5 years in business development;
- Have an established network of contacts with outsourcing managers, buyers and decision makers in the video game industry in Montreal, Canada, the United States and Europe;
- Keen knowledge of the latest game trends, both creatively and technically;
- Experience in game production is a plus;
- Excellent relationship skills;
- Ability to adapt the communication style according to the interlocutor;
- English as mother tongue or perfectly bilingual, ability to communicate in writing with eloquence and without mistakes;
- French is a plus.