With more than 10 years’ experience in game development, iLLOGIKA founded a new division three years ago which is solely dedicated to the development of immersive experiences. Its mission is to allow users to connect to unique moments, through augmented, virtual or mixed reality applications, or immersive installations.
Our team is now looking for a designer who is curious, creative and passionate about new technologies. The ideal person for this role seeks the comfort and well-being of the user in the experience above all and is committed to making it as fluid and as magical as possible. Together, we wish to push the boundaries of entertainment and offer unique moments to our customers and their users.
- Design the interactive interface of the immersive experience and collaborate with the development teams to ensure that all essential specifications are implemented with precision: create concepts, interactivity mechanics, game or level mechanics, control features, etc…
- Collaborate with developers and artists to ensure that the technical, visual and audio elements align with the design of the projects;
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team are aligned with their expectations;
- Make rapid iterations, improve and adjust the concepts and their designs. On some projects, improve the existing designs;
- Organize and plan workload according to production capacity;
- Create and maintain clear and precise design documentation that will guide interdependent teams;
- Clearly communicate complex concepts using a whole host of methods including flowcharts, concept docs, mood boards and low-fidelity prototypes;
- Participate in the redaction and conception of pitches (‘pitch decks’), and participate in sales pitch for our clients;
- Keep abreast of the latest technologies and design strategies, share them with the team and know how to use them appropriately in projects.
- A caring work environment, a flexible schedule to support families and domestic partners, and a strict policy limiting overtime;
- A culture eager to strengthen and improve through diversity in all its forms;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid); ● Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Annual allowance for the reimbursement of the cost of sports equipment and activities
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- 5 to 7 years’ experience as a game designer or a designer of immersive experiences;
- Passion for interactive experiences (AR, VR, immersive, etc.);
- Knowledge of Unreal is a plus;
- An innovative, benevolent and collaborative spirit;
- Ability to understand and anticipate player’s needs in many scenarios (installation, application, etc..)
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills (you’re able to clearly explain your thought process on paper and in person)
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
- Good knowledge of the agile methodology;
- Great knowledge of the gaming industry, immersive industry and latest technologies.
- BIlingual French/English;
- Experience in creating design documentation and great written and oral skills in both languages;