With more than 10 years’ experience in game development, iLLOGIKA founded a new division three years ago which is solely dedicated to the development of immersive experiences. Its mission is to allow users to connect to unique moments, through augmented, virtual or mixed reality applications, or immersive installations.
Our desire is to push the boundaries of entertainment and offer unique and magical moments to our customers and their users. Our studio is looking for a programmer to complete our development team. The ideal person is passionate about new technologies, curious and stimulated by new challenges. The candidate has several years of experience in game development and is looking forward to applying his/her expertise in the field of interactive immersive experiences, eager to deliver bold, high-quality projects and win the hearts of users.
- Develop projects with Unreal (70% of projects) and Unity (30% of projects);
- Participate in the integration of visual and sound effects;
- Offer his critical sense to the technical solutions developed by the Technical Director and the Tech Lead if necessary;
- Make ergonomic recommendations and be involved in the creative process by ensuring that the user experience remains consistent with the project;
- Keep up to date on real-time programming techniques;
- Evaluate the work to be done and document it; document the work carried out during the production phase;
- Participate in code reviews and optimization;
- Participate in meetings with clients;
- Raise issues quickly during production;
- Have the quality of developments at heart and work in collaboration with the quality assurance department.
- A caring work environment, a flexible schedule to support families and domestic partners, and a strict policy limiting overtime;
- A culture eager to strengthen and improve through diversity in all its forms;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Annual allowance for the reimbursement of the cost of sports equipment and activities.
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- Five years of relevant experience in programming games or interactive projects;
- Have participated in the full development of at least two projects;
- Good knowledge of VR on Unreal and equipment used in VR (Oculus Quest 2, Valve Index, HTC Vive, etc…)
- Good knowledge of C++ and blueprints;
- Very good knowledge of C#;
- General knowledge of APIs REST;
- Knowledge of version management tools (Git, Perforce);
- Experience in performance analysis and code optimization;
- Experience with databases (SQL, NoSQL);
- Experience with shaders;
- Be autonomous and proactive in proposing solutions;
- Challenge ideas, share and communicate openly;
- Get involved in agile processes (Scrum, planning, review, retro)
- Fluency in English and French both orally and in writing.