14 May Accounting & Financing Supervisor
Full-time position, shared between iLLOGIKA Studio and E.D. Films
iLLOGIKA and E.D. Films, an animation studio, are looking for an Accounting & Financing supervisor. The person will work 3 days/week at iLLOGIKA and 2 days/week at E.D. Films.
About iLLOGIKA: Located in the heart of the Mile-End, iLLOGIKA is an independent studio of 60 people. It is the ideal environment for those looking for a friendly team, the ability to work on a variety of projects and tools, flexible schedules and the opportunity to take part in the development of a growing studio.
About E.D. Films: Sharing a space in iLLOGIKA’s offices, we are a boutique animation studio and digital tools lab in the late stages of start-up with a core team of 6 people, many award-winning animation projects completed, and many more art/tech projects underway. Every team member makes a difference in the growth of our studio and we are looking for that next person! Check out their website for more www.edfilms.net
Description of responsibilities at iLLOGIKA
- Payroll management and expense report verifications;
- Accounting: invoicing clients, closing operations, bank reconciliation, depreciation, cash flow updates and follow-ups;
- Prepare the end of our fiscal years and our financial statements;
- Management and follow-up on new and existing financing files (CMF, CDRIN, NRC, MESI), including budgeting, cashflow, cost reporting, interim financing actions, exploitations reports;
- Supervision of all provincial and federal tax credit submissions (R&D, multimedia);
- Preparation and supervision of government audits and reviews (Revenu Québec, CRA, CNESST) and partners/clients audits;
- Reviewing of clients contracts with help from our lawyers;
- Budget verification and follow-ups for our projects or internal budgets such as training;
- Seeking and researching new public funding opportunities.
Description of responsibilities at E.D.Films
- Management and follow-up on new and existing financing files (CMF, CDRIN, NRC, SODEC, etc), including budgeting, cashflow, cost reporting, interim financing actions, exploitations reports;
- Preparation of all provincial and federal tax credit submissions (R&D, multimedia, film production, animation, service);
- Preparation of government/client audits and reviews including Revenu Québec, CRA, CNESST;
- Seeking and researching new funding opportunities nationally and internationally;
- Forecasting for various distinct creative and technical projects, and overall business;
- Financial, estimate, forecasting for animation/film/TV/cultural projects;
- Implementation of various efficiency/organizational systems including timesheets, online store sales tracking, etc.;
- Working with and guiding internal accounting system.
Experience for the position
- Two to three years of experience in accounting;
- Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Good knowledge of Nethris and Xero softwares (iLLOGIKA) and Sage (E.D.Films) is a plus;
- Perfectly bilingual French / English;
- Great analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to be versatile and to adapt to different situations;
- Great sense of initiative and responsibility, autonomy, judgment and discretion.