25 Jan Lead programmer
Full-time, permanent position
Our team is looking for a lead programmer. The person will offer technical solutions for our various projects, improve our practices and coach our development teams. The lead programmer will also participate in the development of some more technical projects.
Located in the heart of the Mile-End, iLLOGIKA is an independent studio of 55 people. It is the ideal environment for those looking for a friendly team, the ability to work on a variety of projects and tools, flexible schedules and the opportunity to take part in the development of a growing studio.
- Flexible schedule, possibility of reduced hours, strict policy limiting overtime;
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Coffee, tea, food and beer Fridays;
- Our culture: Sharing, Mutual aid, Autonomy, Transparency, Improvement.
Description of responsibilities
- Offer technical solutions in accordance with the projects and expected results;
- Propose improvements to our practices and pipeline if necessary;
- Mentor and train the team to new practices and tools;
- Perform code review and ensure code quality matches project standards;
- Ensure a continuous technological watch;
- Provide technical feedback to the team
- Estimate the work to be done and take part in pitches;
- Participate in customer meetings as head of the technical team;
- Provide technical support on the most complex projects and take part in the development of these projects.
Experience for the position
- At least 8 years of professional development experience and prior experience as Lead;
- Have participated in at least two complete cycles of development (until the delivery of the project);
- Excellent video game culture;
- Excellent knowledge of Unity;
- Knowledge of Unreal (a plus);
- Experience on a console development is a plus;
- Excellent communicator and good team spirit;
- Ability to communicate with clients and business partners;
- Proficiency in French and English, oral and written