We’re offering a position for a VFX Artist. The person will first work on a PC/Console survival game developed with Unreal, and will later participate in the development of other games as well as interactive projects.
Located in the heart of the Mile-End, iLLOGIKA is an independent studio of 60 people. It is the ideal environment for those looking for a friendly team, the ability to work on a variety of projects and tools, flexible schedules and the opportunity to take part in the development of a growing studio.
- Create 2D and 3D effects for our games and interactive projects using particle systems, animated textures, mesh effects, and more.
- Create effects for some UI elements;
- Test and propose the most appropriate technical solutions for the projects;
- Check the quality of the final rendering of the assets produced;
- Work closely with programmers and our technical artists to build and improve the tools that will be used by programmers for visual effects;
- Offer solutions in collaboration with the rest of the team and the needs of the client;
- Estimate the work to be done;
- Participate actively in artistic review sessions;
- Participate in meetings with the development team and the client.
- A caring work environment, a flexible schedule to support families and domestic partners, and a strict policy limiting overtime
- A culture eager to strengthen and improve through diversity in all its forms
- Holidays for the annual closure in December, holidays banks (paid, sick, mobile, unpaid);
- Training policy for the entire team;
- Possibility to work on personal projects;
- Hack week and game jam during working hours;
- Group Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Online Health Platform;
- Group RRSPs and TFSAs;
- Annual allowance for the reimbursement of the cost of sports equipment and activities
iLLOGIKA strives to improve the diversity of its teams to better serve our diverse global audience. We welcome and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply. Candidates will be considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, family status, veteran status or disability. iLLOGIKA is committed to creating an inclusive work environment and does not tolerate discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
We will ensure that people with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
Experience for the position
- Great knowledge of 3DSMax, Maya, Photoshop, After Effect and Houdini;
- Great knowledge of Unreal;
- Demonstrated ability to create VFX in Unreal;
- Knowledge of Unity is a plus, or willingness to learn how to use the engine;
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience as a VFX Artist;
- Great relationship skills, organisation and autonomy;
- Fluent French and English.